THE LAND LEARNING FOUNDATION NOW OFFERS IN-LIEU FEE!
What is In-Lieu Fee Mitigation?
In-Lieu Fee (ILF) mitigation is one type of mitigation used to compensate for unavoidable impacts to streams and wetlands. In this mitigation approach, a permittee pays a fee to The Land Learning Foundation In-Lieu Fee Program (Program Sponsor) instead of conducting on or off site permittee-responsible mitigation or buying credits from a mitigation bank. The fee charged by The Land Learning Foundation represents the expected costs of replacing stream or wetland functions lost or degraded as a result of the permittee's impact.
The Land Learning Foundation In-Lieu Fee Program
How to apply:
1. Developer should contact a natural resource consulting firm and/or the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) to assess the projected impact to stream or wetland habitat.
2. After the impact to stream or wetland has been assessed, the USACE will determine the number of credits required to mitigate for the impact. The USACE and Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) work together to assess the nature of water-body impacts.
3. The Land Learning Foundation (LLF) will contact both the USACE and the MDNR to notify the agencies of the developers intent to use LLF's ILF program for compensatory mitigation and confirm the number of credits required.
4. The cost per stream and wetland credit varies depending on the location of the impact. A quote can be received by contacting the Land Learning Foundation at email@example.com. Please provide a Section 404 Permit Letter from the USACE or a wetland delineation assessment with each inquiry. For immediate estimates, please call (314) 882-6623.
5. Upon a receipt of a commitment to use The Land Learning Foundation In-Lieu Fee Program for compensatory mitigation and receipt of funds, the LLF will contact both the USACE and MDNR reporting the developer has satisfied the necessary mitigation requirements.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with "In-Lieu Fee" as the Subject Line
The Land Learning Foundation
704 E. Jackson Street
PO Box 55
Keytesville, MO 65261